Saturday, July 23, 2011

Back to Blogging; or Here Comes the Bride

Once in a while I do an estimate of the calories I've eaten in a day and I weigh myself once in a while. Turns out I'm quite good at maintaining without counting anything and just eating like a normal person. I even indulge more than I should and I'm still doing good. Yay! I've also turned a new page in the workout department. I've always known I should do more strength training and less cardio but it's been always hard to switch to. However, I've flipped some sort of switch and do about 5 minutes on the treadmill for a warm up and then an hour doing weights. Upper body one day, lower the next. I bike to and from work so I figure I get some good cardio there.

The other reason that got me motivate to change up my workout is that I'm getting married! On June 30th in St. John's, NL. I figured now that the only way I can really deal with these few wobbly bits (as Bridget Jones would say) is to try weights. Who wouldn't want toned arms in their strapless wedding gown anyway, right? On the eating side, I figure I'll just continue maintaining until May or April and assess where I am there. Maybe 3 or 4 months in advance I can cut calories to lose a few before the big day. Nothing major. I also need to be a good girl at this upcoming Christmas so that I am not taking that weight off before my wedding!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! I am so excited for you!! You must be so happy!! An upcoming wedding is a great motivator so I am sure you will succeed in your workout goal. All my friends tell me that weights are the way to go. So much so that I have started using weights. Once again congratulations.

    ReplyDelete