Wednesday, August 3, 2011

How Far I've Come

Sometimes, when I have a bad day where I eat more than I should or eat things I know I shouldn't, miss a workout because I got too busy at work or home, or even when I only got out for a run and didn't get in the strength training I wanted, I get down on myself. Yesterday, however, I came up with a new way of thinking: comparing me now to the me about 4 years ago.

Then: 4 years ago I could barely run at all. I had random spurts of motivation and then give up. I was the straggler at basic training.
Now: I run pretty much 5 days every week and do the occasional strength training session.

Then: I ate large portions, seconds, and far too much junk and high calorie food and drink.
Now: I have small portions, eat when I'm hungry and try and save my splurges for special occasions. I measure my shots and mix them with low/zero calorie mixers.

Then: I was so confused as to how I was supposed to burn more calories than I ate when a workout only burned about 200 calories, say.
Now: I have lots of knowledge of being healthy and weight loss. I now realize that the body burns calories just by being!

So what if I missed a couple of days or when out for supper? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment